Sunday, December 27, 2009

1st attempt at rock climbing!



Remember my post from awhile back? Me saying I wanted to climb the rock wall at our rec center? Well, yesterday I attempted. Yes, only attempted. I would've loved to make it to the top but it looks easier than it really is. At least for me. The kids make it so easy. I figured, what could be so hard?

The picture above is my first attempt. I was told that '1'is the easiest. Oh my goodness, can I just say, it took me forever to make it up the wall. Like FOREVER!!!! In fact, I made it only half way. Then came down. I decided I would try it again. When I stood in line a little boy that was probably around 9 or 10 years old told me to "wait and watch how the pro's do it". I wanted to laugh...but I'm guessing he could tell I've never done this before. I watched him closely as he climbed up the rock wall. He did it effortlessly. It motivated me to try it again.

Okay, second time around, I climbed and tried to follow the route the boy took. I got past the spot I ended at the first time and how about I was out of breath. My arms...forearms... were killing me. I decided, "Okay, it's not going to happen today...will have to keep trying and eventually I will be able to make it to the top and ring the bell". Down the wall I propelled. I was so tired that when I reached the bottom, I was practically laying on the ground.

As I sit here and write this, my back around both my shoulder blades are sore. Who would've thought the short climb up the wall would be a killer. That was indeed a work out!!! I'll keep y'all posted on my attempts to rock climb! Yes, I said "attempts" because I know it will take several more tries before making it to the top!

6 comments:

The Finau Family said...

wow Sinai you go girl.. One day.. One day.. lol.. Gonna have to try that..

Nikia, May and da kids said...

Good luck with that! Our rec centers don't have all that good stuff and cost an arm and a leg to get in to.

May

T*Family said...

Go girl..I know your gonna get up there soon. You do it all girl.. Hopefully 2010 will be the year for me...hehehe

The NyDegger's said...

You know sis....you are a TRUE WARRIR sheesh I KNOW you going to make it on the top you always do!! Keep up the good work!!

VEEYAH said...

Dude! Your calves are AMAZING Sinai! That's the first thing that popped out at me when I seen this picture! HOT DIGGITY DANG!! I also thought that was Lini up there, then I read it was you...WOWZERS!! I remember reading your FB status about this. I have NO DOUBT you'll make it up that wall. When you say you'll do something....you REALLY do!!

Unknown said...

that's great, Sinai!! I know you'll reach that bell for sure! Good Luck!!
I agree with Loyann..one day:)