Thursday, July 28, 2011

Tevita Kofeloa



I really don't know this kid, but having kids and twins that are close to his age, I am touched by his story. He is a polynesian kid who needs a bone marrow transplant. The only problem? He doesn't have a match and being polynesian with 0.1% pacific islanders are the least represented in the registry.

If you live in Utah and can, stop by the Samoan Flag day festivities held outside the West Valley Family Fitness Center. Look for the booth where you can register. For more info about Tevita and his story - check out this LINK.

I will be stopping by today to register. Never have done anything like this, but from what I hear and understand, it's an easy surgery for the donor.

1 comment:

ailine said...

Thank you Sinai! This is our nephew on my hubby's side. If you met this kid you would never think he's sick. He's full of spunk & has always been that way since he was born. My girls were hoping to see him this past weekend, but Utah weather isn't good for him. They had great success out here & thank you for stopping by his booth. I know they appreciated Utah support. They had more donors here than anywhere else they've been, I believe. They go to different cities to do their blood drive. So thanks again for spreading the word & awareness....