The first time I ever heard of this movie was a week or two ago when it was up for an Oscar. Over the weekend I had a chance to watch this movie. Both Haloti and I enjoyed this movie and I would definitely recommend it to anyone. I don't want to give away much -- but loved everything about it. One thing that hit home for me was the depiction of the slums in India. It reminded me of our trip to Tonga a few months ago and reminded me of the village in Tonga where there are people there that live off of the dumping ground. I'm sure there are places all over like this, but sometimes we forget how fortunate we are because it's not something we see every day. I loved everything about the movie -- definitely go and see it!
This is probably one of the grossest scenes - but loved the pure determination of Jamal! This kid is such a cutie!!!

The three musketeers!

The slums of India.

...and a little romance too in this movie!
3 comments:
I've heard great reviews about this movie..lucky you! I'll just wait until it hits dvd..or cable? hoi
I agree! I LOVED this movie and am so glad that they won best picture. I then saw the little kid actors that are from the slums go back home. It's definitely crazy over there. Totally worth watching!
Thanks for recommending this flick. I'll have to check it out.
Post a Comment